Friday, October 30, 2009

My first wood working project

A couple of years ago and I do not even remember now I was initiated into the woodworking project by my uncle and here is what I built. It was a small Walnut and Cherry chest of drawers for the family’s blankets

I got the designs from my uncle and now I can easily say that it was very easy to make. I wish I had the time to make this again. In fact I made the chest and gave it as a wedding anniversary gift to my mom and dad.


I did not make anything complex and the only thing that was not good and I still could have been improved if I had a router bit and could have used on the table. As far as the finish goes I just had a few coatings of Danish oil and then let the coating of the oil dry. As far as the wipe goes I used the satin wipe on the polyuretahane.It was easy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment